Senior Software Engineer - Ecuador
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
TradeLanes is transforming global trade by removing barriers to global trade. We are growing a world-class team and are seeking top-performing, team players to join us. We are a well-funded start-up looking for a Senior Software Engineer who puts the customer at the center of everything, never settles, can iterate quickly with the expertise to take our product team to the next level. As our Senior Software Engineer, you’ll serve as a lead in our product development lifecycle. To do so successfully, you’ll need to communicate clearly and effectively, throughout the product development cycle.
- API & Fullstack: Design and build backend systems with composability, configurability, and scale in mind.
- Own and deliver projects end-to-end.
- Take point on complex product initiatives and run them to completion with minimal supervision.
- Work closely with business partners and product managers to distill complex business problems into elegant technical solutions.
- Engage in conversations with all teams.
- Tackle difficult and subtle system-level issues, emphasizing simplicity and long-lasting designs. As we extract services out of the monolith, we take pride in untangling legacy code and re-building with composability in mind.
- Design flexible, maintainable code.
- Safeguard code quality amongst the team, reviewing others’ code with an eye to performance and maintainability.
- Be part of a close-knit engineering team.
- Be part of a rotating on-call group to provide support for our platform in production.
You should have
- 7+ years of experience writing software and a strong engineering background.
- Experience as a generalist working on both the frontend and backend to provide the best solutions for our users.
- Experience with scalable distributed systems, both built from scratch as well as on AWS primitives.
- The ability to convey technical ideas in common terms to business partners, product managers, designers, and engineers alike.
- Understanding of performance tradeoffs, load balancing and operational issues.
- Experience migrating large monolithic applications to service-oriented architecture.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing, and operations.
- Ability to debug complex systems and an aptitude for learning quickly.
Nice to haves
- A desire to develop your tooling repertoire. We are tech-agnostic regarding candidate background, but our platform is built with Typescript.