Senior Line Maintenance Technician / Leader
Do you want to be on the cutting edge of the clean energy / climate tech industry? Are you excited about the intersection of renewable energy and the circular economy? We are too. And that’s why we launched SOLARCYCLE, Inc, a tech-driven recycling platform designed to maximize solar sustainability.
The solar industry needs a global end-of-life partner to restore, renew and ultimately recycle yesterday’s solar panels, inverters and batteries for tomorrow’s clean energy projects. SOLARCYCLE aims to be the partner of choice for solar asset owners looking for a responsible solution to their end-of-life system needs. And we need you to direct our field operations to help us become a leader in this new burgeoning sector in the renewable energy industry.
About the role
We are currently seeking an experienced Line Maintenance Technician to join our team! You will be responsible for leading a team of Line Maintenance personnel, both individually contributing to the floor activities and supervisory activities of a factory with multiple production lines. If you thrive in a growing, fast-paced, dynamic environment with lots of challenges and opportunities, this is the right role for you. This is targeted to be an exempt and salaried position in a manufacturing environment, with the intent of growing from part individual contributor to a supervisory role over time.
- Establish and maintain a methodical preventative maintenance program that drives improvements on process equipment availability for both planned and unplanned downtime maintenance.
- Establish and maintain a systematic programmatic spare parts program.
- Assess, troubleshoot, and repair any broken and/or malfunctioning equipment
- Drive a mindset of Standard Maintenance Procedures and perform routine preventive maintenance while looking for improvements in both those maintenance procedures and the documentation associated with the tools.
- Follow all company safety policies, procedures, and protocols
- Manage and oversee work performed by outside contractors as necessary
- Drive and Perform/Abide by Lock Out/Tag Out program and procedures
- Monitor condition of property, facilities, and equipment and proactively identify maintenance needs
- Apply knowledge of new technology and industry trends to improve maintenance systems, practices, and processes
- Develop, implement, and maintain an audit program for mechanical systems
- Undertake corrective and preventive action resulting from system audits
- Drive and assist in planning and monitoring of maintenance and capital improvement projects
- Establish and maintain safe work procedures and practices
- Monitor and maintain established quality standards for all processes
- Coordinate and administer vendor contracts
- Coordinate and manage external service providers
- Provide regular reports/passdowns on status of maintenance and repairs
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations and guidelines
Education, Training and Professional Experience
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in maintenance or other related fields
- 2-year or 4-year schooling or trade training a plus.
- Mechanically and electrically inclined with proven troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with maintenance tools and equipment
- Ability to handle lifting up to 75 lbs and meet the physical demands of factory floor that requires activities in and around mechanical equipment.
- Deadline and detail-oriented to accomplish and report on projects
You don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you think this role is for you but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right person for this role.
You will be working alongside a highly successful team who deliver amazing innovative work in the solar PV industry! The solar industry needs a global end-of-life partner to restore, renew and ultimately recycle yesterday’s solar panels for tomorrow’s clean energy projects. SOLARCYCLE aims to be the partner of choice for solar asset owners looking for a responsible solution to their end-of-life system needs.
Solar power is one of the most powerful tools humanity has in our fight against climate change. But for solar to truly scale to its full potential, we need to create renewable supply chains and a vibrant secondary market for upcycled panels and recycled materials. SOLARCYCLE was founded by experts and advocates in solar, climate and circular economy. Our investors come from the frontlines of the solar industry,
including the founders of SolarCity, SunPower and Nextracker. This is the next frontier - ensuring a cleaner, more sustainable and domestic supply of the critical minerals needed for the next wave of solar. We exist to make clean energy massively scalable and even more sustainable by radically advancing recycling technology and infrastructure for the solar industry. If this resonates with you, we really want to meet you.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SOLARCYCLE is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual's qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company's policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.