Hiring for multiple positions.
Do you want to be on the cutting edge of the clean energy/climate tech industry? Are you excited about the intersection of renewable energy and the circular economy? We are too. And that’s why we launched SOLARCYCLE, Inc, a tech-driven recycling platform designed to maximize solar sustainability.
The solar industry needs a global end-of-life partner to restore, renew and ultimately recycle yesterday’s solar panels for tomorrow’s clean energy projects. SOLARCYCLE aims to be the partner of choice for solar asset owners looking for a responsible solution to their end-of-life system needs.
Solar power is one of the most powerful tools humanity has in our fight against climate change. But for solar to truly scale to its full potential, we need to create renewable supply chains and a vibrant secondary market for upcycled panels and recycled materials. SOLARCYCLE was founded by experts and advocates in solar, climate and circular economy. Our investors come from the frontlines of the solar industry, including the founders of SolarCity, SunPower and Nextracker. This is the next frontier – ensuring a cleaner, more sustainable and domestic supply of the critical minerals needed for the next wave of solar. We exist to make clean energy massively scalable and even more sustainable by radically advancing recycling technology and infrastructure for the solar industry. If this resonates with you, we really want to meet you.
About the role
Duties and Responsibilities
- Installing new hardware and complex products while ensuring that they work correctly and safely
- Educating the hardware users about the correct use and upkeep of the product
- Repairing broken-down or damaged equipment
- Assessing hardware and installation functionality and preparing reports about maintenance and repair work that you have performed
- Explaining complex installation, diagnostic and repair issues in a way that’s accessible to a nontechnical audience
- Knowledge of how to maintain, repair, diagnose and correctly install or replace equipment and machinery
- Firm technical knowledge of diagrams, blueprints, mechanical engineering schematics and electrical diagrams
- Excellent communication skills that allow you to explain technical problems to laypeople
- Strong knowledge about the industry and the general requirements of different equipment types
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while using their own technical judgment regarding complex tasks
- Assists in other work areas as needed or directed by department supervisor
- Communicates with leadership
- Must have good attendance and a self-starter
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma/GED. Basic entry requirement
- Combination of additional education and experience.
- Aptitude for math, problem-solving, computers, and mechanics.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work and communicate well with others.
- Proficiency with hand tools.
- Willing to perform repetitive tasks for extended periods.