Found Energy is building clean energy delivery platforms capable of replacing fossil fuels for heavy industries ranging from aluminum production (4% of global CO2 emissions) to fertilizer production (2% of global CO2 emissions) to maritime shipping (3% of global CO2 emissions). Building off technology developed at MIT that enables metallic aluminum to split water, our energy delivery systems safely generate hydrogen and industrial heat on-site at >5x the volumetric energy density of liquid hydrogen and >3x that of methanol and ammonia. By integrating storage, transport, and generation into a single package, our technology solves some of the biggest pain points in renewable energy transportation and storage.
At Found Energy, we believe in securing a livable and equitable future for our planet, and we are looking for partners who are motivated by this goal to join us. For more information, visit https://found.energy.
Health, dental, 20 days PTO, 11 holidays, unlimited sick days, 12 weeks parental leave, and more.
As an Office Manager at Found Energy, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of our office space while supporting various administrative functions critical to our organization's success. Reporting directly to the Chief of Staff, you will assist in operations, vendor and facilities management, administrative support, team engagement, budget management, and technology support.
As an integral member of the Found Energy team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to our mission of combating climate change while working in a dynamic and collaborative environment. If you are a motivated individual with a passion for sustainability and a knack for organizational excellence, we encourage you to apply and join us on our journey to make a positive impact on the planet.
This job is in-person at our Boston office.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Operational Management:
- Maintain a welcoming, organized, and efficient office environment.
- Procure office supplies, consumables, and kitchen-related items.
- Oversee procurement, assembly, and maintenance of office furniture, appliances, and IT equipment.
- Vendor and Facilities Management:
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors, service providers, and building management.
- Assist in coordinating large infrastructure projects such as construction, HVAC, and electrical upgrades.
- Coordinate the maintenance and upkeep of the office, including repairs and cleaning.
- Administrative Support:
- Provide comprehensive office-related administrative support, including managing visitor management systems, handling deliveries, and managing mail.
- Support HR functions, including onboarding logistics for new employees and managing office access.
- Team Engagement and Support:
- Act as a primary resource for the team, ensuring smooth day-to-day operations.
- Plan and coordinate internal events, such as lunches, meetings, and team-building activities.
- Arrange travel logistics for current and prospective employees, including flights, accommodations, and transportation.
- Manage procurement of company swag to foster team spirit.
- Budget Management:
- Assist in developing and monitoring the office budget.
- Track and reconcile office-related expenses, including procurement costs.
- Technology Support:
- Provide basic IT support to team members, troubleshooting minor technical issues, and liaising with IT support when necessary.
- Deeply motivated by the climate crisis and its downstream impacts
- Proven experience in office management or related administrative roles.
- Experience in a start-up environment or fast-paced setting is highly desirable.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to foster a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English required.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in and Spanish preferred.
Salary Range: $65,000 - $73,000
Research suggests that qualified people from historically marginalized groups may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage individuals who might not meet the exact requirements, but who believe they have the skills necessary to thrive to apply for this role.
Found Energy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.