Business Development Associate
Found Energy is building clean energy delivery platforms capable of replacing fossil fuels for heavy industries ranging from aluminum production (4% of global CO2 emissions) to fertilizer production (2% of global CO2 emissions) to maritime shipping (3% of global CO2 emissions). Building off technology developed at MIT that enables metallic aluminum to split water, our energy delivery systems safely generate hydrogen and industrial heat on-site at >5x the volumetric energy density of liquid hydrogen and >3x that of methanol and ammonia. By integrating storage, transport, and generation into a single package, our technology solves some of the biggest pain points in renewable energy transportation and storage.
At Found Energy, we believe in securing a livable and equitable future for our planet, and we are looking for partners who are motivated by this goal to join us. For more information, visit https://found.energy.
Health, dental, 20 days PTO, 11 holidays, unlimited sick days, 12 weeks parental leave, stock options, professional development budget, and more.
We are looking for a proactive and ambitious Business Development Representative to spearhead our customer expansion initiatives. As the face of Found Energy, you'll work collaboratively with customers in industrial sectors, providing solutions to meet their decarbonization objectives.
This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic Business Development professional who is passionate about renewable energy and is eager to make a meaningful impact in a startup environment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities within the global energy and aluminum industries.
- Conduct comprehensive market analyses to unveil new opportunities and engage with senior stakeholders to craft strategies for capitalizing on these prospects.
- Develop and implement effective strategies to generate leads, nurture client relationships, and secure new contracts.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key decision-makers and industry influencers to enhance the company's reputation and secure partnerships.
- Prepare and deliver compelling presentations, proposals, and contract negotiations to win new business.
- Meet or exceed sales targets, revenue goals, and other key performance indicators (KPIs) set by the company.
- 3-5 years of experience in business development, preferably in the energy or metals industries.
- Demonstrated success in generating leads, winning new business, and achieving sales targets.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to build rapport and negotiate effectively with clients.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented, with a proactive approach to identifying and pursuing business opportunities.
- Willingness to travel within the US and abroad as required to meet with clients and attend industry events.
Research suggests that qualified people from historically marginalized groups may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage individuals who might not meet the exact requirements, but who believe they have the skills necessary to thrive to apply for this role.
Found Energy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.