Sr. Machine Learning Engineer
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. We’re reimagining and actively modernizing the world’s recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and with manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado, we build and deploy technology that solves many of the central challenges of recycling and shifts the economics of the industry to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
With more than 270 systems installed across North America, Japan, and Europe, we’re increasing the value that can be extracted from recyclable material through superior separation, purity enhancement, and identification of new end markets for reuse and recycling. Our diverse, growing team of environmentalists, engineers, and other professionals shares a passion for the promise technology holds to transform the way we recycle. With backing from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital and recognition including Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Sr Machine Learning Engineer, reporting to the Sr. Manager of AI. This position can be remote in the United States.
AMP doesn’t just do machine learning, we are driven forward by it. Our core technology revolves around deep-learned models applied to robotics domains, and we are always striving to extend our performance. In pursuit of this, AMP is looking for a highly skilled individual to join our machine learning team and aid in building out cutting edge computer vision technology. In this role, you would be an individual contributor on our deep learning modeling team, working on research and development projects to help us implement state of the art deep learning techniques. In this senior role, you would additionally have the opportunity to mentor the existing team, and contribute to R&D strategy for the company. You would aid in bringing models from ideation all the way through to production, and help us to maintain our technological edge.
As our Sr Machine Learning Engineer, you will work to:
- Experiment with modern neural network architectures or techniques driven by research publications
- Design and implement deep learned computer vision solutions in new domains
- Design and execute experiments to validate R&D deep learning approaches
- Assist in productionizing experimental approaches proven to work
- Mentor and collaborate with small teams of ML modeling engineers, ML infrastructure engineers, and AI Data Project Managers
- Help us support and improve our ML infrastructure
The successful candidate will have:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science/Machine Learning or similar, or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- 2-4 years experience writing production-level code in python.
- 4+ years of experience implementing statistical models in production environments
- Proficiency with professional software engineering practices; including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to work on a small team and self-manage.
- Strong familiarity with either Tensorflow or PyTorch.
- Research fluency with a deep learning domain.
- 3+ years of experience with deep learning, particularly computer vision
- Familiarity and interest in research-level mathematics.
- Future interest in management of a small, technical team.
- Proficiency working with SQL databases and data pipelines.
- Startup ready mentality
- Passion for recycling, robotics and changing the world
- Production RL experience
- CV experience in a scaled company
Physical environment / physical demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus, and ability to accurately see and label color.
- Remote, United States
- Occasional travel, quarterly basis possible
AMP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Applicants who identify with a historically underrepresented group are encouraged to apply. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary & Compensation Information: $156,453 - $197,802 per year
Equity Grant: The candidate selected for this role will be recommended for a stock option grant commensurate with the position and the candidate’s qualifications.
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna medical healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance: The company covers the cost of Basic Life / AD&D 1 x Salary, option to purchase additional through New York Life
- Benefits start the day you start
- HSA Eligible Health Plans
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching)
- FTO - Flexible Time Off
- 6 Accrued Sick Days
- Eight (8) paid holidays