R&D Grants Program Manager
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, and infrastructure for the waste and recycling industry. We apply AI-powered automation to economically and sustainably improve our global recycling system.
Headquartered in Louisville, Colorado, the Denver Post and BuiltIn Colorado have recognized AMP as one of the state's top workplaces. AMP also has operations and career opportunities outside of Atlanta and Cleveland, as well as in Europe. We’re fostering an environment where passionate individuals can grow and create impact. We seek unconventional thinkers to join our mission to enable a world without waste; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors and national recognition including North American Cleantech Company of the Year and Forbes’ most promising AI companies, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is looking for a REMOTE R&D Grants Program Manager.
Our Program Manager will help elevate our R&D program. In this role, you will be responsible for identifying, winning, and managing our funding awards. America is investing deeply in solving the climate crisis, and there has never been more funding available to build the next generation of clean energy infrastructure. We’re looking for someone to unlock the enormous potential of adapting AMP’s capabilities to meet these opportunities. AMP is already deeply engaged in this work, with a history of Department of Energy (DOE) and National Science Foundation (NSF) funding. A successful hire will quickly come to understand our capabilities, and work across the market to develop solutions for the many grant opportunities available. This manufacturing and forward the frontier of science, solve critical bottlenecks in low-carbon manufacturing, and drive a meaningful impact on the environment and climate.
As our R&D Grants Program Manager, you will work to:
- Research and Solicit Opportunities: Leverage AMP Robotics' extensive network and publicly available resources to research and solicit R&D grant opportunities within research, government, and coalition networks.
- Profile Emerging Funding Opportunities: Analyze and identify emerging funding opportunities. Work closely with engineering and product leadership to incorporate them into AMP's overall R&D strategy.
- Manage R&D Grant Programs: Collaborate cross-functionally to manage R&D grant programs, ensuring timely and efficient completion of projects by serving as the principal point of contact for active grants.
- Networking and Representation: Attend R&D-related events and network with scientific leadership in government and research communities. Represent AMP's capabilities, focusing on innovative solutions for sorting materials and converting waste into low-carbon products.
- Technical Writing: As part of winning funding awards, draft technical documents, ranging from grant concept papers, to project plans, to related patent specifications.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience navigating complex grant application processes (e.g., preparing concept papers, project plans, and budgets) as well as managing awards and related compliance obligations. Preferred experience with Federal awards, reporting (including familiarity with grant reporting (e.g., RPPRs, PMPs, SF-425s), and related platforms (e.g., PMC, VIPERS)).
- Technical Understanding: Comfort understanding and working with technical concepts. A quick study on adjacent fields is required, with a preference for deep knowledge in at least one of artificial intelligence, robotics, or chemical conversion processes.
- A history of managing complex projects, such as may be common in program, product, grant, or general management.
- Superior communication skills both written and verbal and intuition for communication strategy. Ability to present to leadership and external audiences.
- Experience using collaboration tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence, Asana, etc.).
- Passion for AMP Robotics and what we are trying to achieve in waste & climate.
- A proven track record of winning FOA responses.
- Familiarity with DOE and its many subdivisions such as BETO, AMMTO, EERE, and OCED.
- Technical Writing: Experience drafting technical documents, such as grant project plans on new technology development, or patent specifications.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Remote, United States
- Expect up to 20% annually.
AMP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Applicants who identify with a historically underrepresented group are encouraged to apply. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary & Compensation Information: $68,000 - $93,000
Equity Grant: The candidate selected for this role will be recommended for a stock option grant commensurate with the position and the candidate’s qualifications.
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna medical healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance: The company covers the cost of Basic Life / AD&D 1 x Salary, option to purchase additional through New York Life
- Benefits start the day you start
- HSA Eligible Health Plans
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching)
- FTO - Flexible Time Off
- 6 Accrued Sick Days
- Eight (8) paid holidays