Do you want to be on the cutting edge of the clean energy climate tech industry? Are you excited about the intersection of renewable energy and the circular economy? We are too. And that’s why we launched SOLARCYCLE, Inc, a tech-driven recycling platform designed to maximize solar sustainability. Solar power is one of the most powerful tools humanity has in our fight against climate change. But for solar to truly scale to its full potential, we need to create renewable supply chains and a vibrant secondary market for upcycled panels and recycled materials.
SOLARCYCLE was founded by experts and advocates in solar, climate, and circular economy. Our investors come from the frontlines of the solar industry, including the founders of SolarCity, SunPower, and Nextracker. This is the next frontier - ensuring a cleaner, more sustainable, and domestic supply of the critical minerals needed for the next wave of solar.
The solar industry needs a global end-of-life partner to restore, renew, and ultimately recycle yesterday’s solar panels for tomorrow’s clean energy projects. SOLARCYCLE aims to be the partner of choice for solar asset owners looking for a responsible solution to their end-of-life system needs. We need you to build a strong finance function in the company to help us become a leader in this new burgeoning sector in the renewable energy industry.
SOLARCYCLE is looking for a talented Corporate Controller to be a critical part of our senior leadership team and be responsible for all accounting functions. This role is a full-time, permanent position. We are looking for someone experienced in both start-ups and larger companies, with a breadth of experience in a range of finance and accounting functions. Primary responsibilities include implementation and management of all accounting and treasury operations including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, treasury and cash management, risk management functions, financial reporting, and management of external audit firms and tax advisors, including the preparation of financial audits and annual tax returns. Additionally, the Corporate Controller will work closely with operations teams to drive process and systems improvements and develop, maintain, and administer policies and procedures. You will be a key member to help guide a fast-growing company to scale and profitability.
If you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with lots of challenges and opportunities, this is the right role for you. Since we are an early-stage company with strong growth prospects, there will be many opportunities for career advancement. This position is highly strategic and reports directly to the CFO/CEO.
- Manage all essential accounting functions including General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Treasury and Cash Management, and Tax, including supporting international growth and expansion
- Responsible for accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes and preparation of internal and external financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Primary day-to-day contact for financial statement audit
- Perform cash projections to effectively manage cash balances
- Oversee quarterly and annual budgets and planning
- Accurate and timely production of all financial reporting
- Perform analytical review of all financial statements including balance sheet analysis, income statement actuals vs plan, and cash flow actuals vs projections
- Implement, document, and maintain adequate and effective internal controls
- Implement, document, and maintain adequate and effective processes to improve the close and reporting cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting
- Develop and drive the adoption of best practices in common processes and systems across the company
- Manage the submission of income, property, franchise, and other tax returns
- Collaborate closely with management teams to provide transaction details and data support for financial analysis and decision-making
- Lead the development of processes to support growing operations
- Manage and build a team of in-house employees and contractors to help manage the accounting and finance functions
- Prepare investor and board reports related to financial performance and analysis
- Develop relationships and work closely with both internal and external stakeholders including the larger finance team, business leaders, senior management, and auditors to ensure the communication of critical issues promptly
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time
- 10+ years of experience in the accounting and finance sector.
- 2+ years in a position equivalent to a controller or higher responsibilities, preferably for a manufacturing, solar, and/or recycling company
- "Big Four" or national accounting firm audit experience is preferred but not required
- Experience in private and public accounting sectors is preferred but not required
- Strong GAAP and SOX knowledge
- Credibility, ethical, full disclosure, and clean financial history
- Confidential, understands the ethical standards of a CPA
- Experience with audit processes and interaction with outside auditors
- Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work product
- Experience in a fast-paced organization with the ability to adapt to and work in a fast growth-oriented and rapidly changing environment
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner
- Able to organize and handle multiple priorities
- Expert in Microsoft Excel
- Comfortable working and/or leading in a group setting
- Exceptional work ethic with a great attitude to work hard, have fun and make the world a better place
SOLARCYCLE, Inc. is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.